Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Super easy, comforting Root Beef Stew...it cooks itself!

With the munchkins being incredibly busy this year, I am finding it difficult to get much done. I am trying to get things posted I promise.

Tuesdays are our hardest day. With four classes (one that I lead), picking up and dropping off kids and much more, we try to do either leftovers or slow cookers for dinner. Tonight was beef stew with a kick. The kids love it, its comforting and warm, incredibly easy and cooks itself!

Over the next few months there will be a lot of experimenting with GF baking. It's taken me nearly two years of trial and error but I have recently made a number of things that are surprisingly decadent and perfectly textured! Look for some recipes coming soon!

Root Beef Stew

  • 1 pound lean stewing beef
  • 4 large baking potatoes OR 8 baby red potatoes
  • 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
  • 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/1 inch chunks
  • 1 large onion, cut into bite size pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 radishes, quartered
  • 4 - 6 cups vegetable broth or beef broth (see note)
  • 4 tablespoons herbes de provence
  • 2 cups frozen peas
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a large slow cooker pot, combine all ingredients except peas. stir well and set to high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.

Add peas in the last half hour.

Serve and enjoy!

See? Easy! I usually serve it with just a salad. It is very filling.

NOTE: Pacific Foods broths are gluten free. They are the only brand I will use.

Side note about pictures. With all of the recent vacation chaos and a moving plan, I seem to have misplaced my camera's battery charger. Some recipes will have pics taken with my cell phone, many will not. I am looking for it I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment