I finally did it. After about four years of tweaking here and changing there I have perfected the casserole. It was so well received in fact that I made it two days in a row! I warn you, it is ridiculously good and hard to stop eating it.
Four Cheese Hashbrown Casserole
- 4 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1/4 large onion, minced
- 3/4 cup half and half ( I use fat free )
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded white or mild cheddar
- 1 Tblsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a square casserole and bake uncovered 35 - 40 minutes.
I cannot express how exciting it is to finally get it right after so long. I have a feeling we'll be making it a lot for awhile!!