Sunday, November 14, 2010

Four Cheese Hashbrown Casserole

I tend to get on a breakfast food kick on weekends, much to the delight of my family. This weekend was a huge score on that front! Years ago, when we were with some friends at the coast, I had a yummy hashbrown casserole that someone else had made. When I asked for the recipe he said he didn't use one and just listed off some ingredients. I have been trying to re-create that deliciousness ever since, to no avail.

I finally did it. After about four years of tweaking here and changing there I have perfected the casserole. It was so well received in fact that I made it two days in a row! I warn you, it is ridiculously good and hard to stop eating it.

Four Cheese Hashbrown Casserole

  • 4 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
  • 1/4 large onion, minced
  • 3/4 cup half and half ( I use fat free )
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded white or mild cheddar
  • 1 Tblsp dried Oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a square casserole and bake uncovered 35 - 40 minutes.

I cannot express how exciting it is to finally get it right after so long. I have a feeling we'll be making it a lot for awhile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment