Monday, September 27, 2010

Brown Bag It! Easy, Cheap Crack...I mean Popcorn.

What do a simple (cheap) brown paper lunch bag, some popcorn kernels (again cheap), a couple tablespoons of melted butter and some parmesan cheese have in common? They make cheap, easy, nearly healthy crack.



My mom seriously ruined me growing up. She had one of those ancient air poppers so we had air popped popcorn drowning in butter with added salt ALL the time while I was growing up. As a result, I don't like the microwave bags. I also don't have an air popper. (Sigh...) So when a friend of mine suggested that you could make your own microwave corn, a couple years ago, I was instantly hooked.

I am going to preface this by saying that I can guarantee there are blogs all over the place that feature this. It is not a terribly unique thing. Seriously. I wanted to let my readers in on it though, just in case you don't read the other blogs. Or didn't believe them.

We had a long Sunday. I wanted crack. Not the drug, but the addictive popped, buttery, cheesy stuff that I shall share with you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

You will need....

One brown paper lunch bag (seriously...cheap...think dollar store)
A microwave (not so cheap but hopefully you already have one)
A few popcorn kernels (a little goes a LONG way)
A bowl
Some melted butter
Some Parmesan cheese
Whatever toppings you want actually

Put a some kernels (I don't measure. Eyeball it. I put in enough to cover the bottom of the bag in one layer) in the paper bag. Fold over the top. Put bag in microwave. Cook for (approximately) two minutes. Pour into bowl. Pour melted butter over top. Sprinkle on cheese (or dump on cheese).

Eat a lot. MMMMMMMM.........

No comments:

Post a Comment