My all time favorite dish there is Zuppa Toscana. Yes, it's just a soup but I frequently ordered just the soup, salad and breadsticks specifically for this soup! I found the recipe recently on Tuscan Recipes but, sadly, I am lazy so I altered it just slightly. SO SO SO good. I served it with a Mediterranean salad and homemade dressing.
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 pound Italian Sausage (GF)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 10 cups water with 5 bullion cubes (GF) OR 10 cups Broth
- 3-4 large potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 bunch Kale, torn into bite size pieces
Saute the sausage, pepper flakes, onion, bacon and garlic over medium heat in a large soup pot until sausage is no longer pink and onions are softened. Add water and bullion or broth and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are softened. Add cream and kale, heat through and serve!